Status: Part Time (24 hours week) Exempt
Supervisor: Executive Director
Elders in Action is seeking an enthusiastic self-starter to manage the Elders in Action development program. This includes developing corporate partnerships, coordinating direct mail campaigns, coordinating fundraising events and appeals, and researching potential grant and other income opportunities. This position will work closely with the Executive Director in expanding and executing the agency’s annual development plan.
As Elders in Action approaches its 20th Anniversary, we are embarking on an organizational review of our vision, mission and goals to ensure that Elders in Action maintains its relevance to a growing and increasingly diverse older adult population in the Portland metro area. The ideal candidate will participate in this effort to ensure Elders in Action is inclusive and representative of the diversity of our elder community.
Scope of Position:
- Coordinate annual gala in partnership with Elders in Action staff and volunteers
- Research and coordinate approaches to foundations, government agencies and other potential grant makers to the organization
- Coordinate donor and prospect research; develop cultivation strategies for executive staff and Board members; develop and maintain stewardship program
- Identify, develop and nurture relationships with major donors, identifying new potential donors
- Monitor and report on financial progress
- Recruit and manage volunteers for fundraising projects
- Support implementation and evaluation of annual development plan
- Conduct database queries and prepare reports
- Collaboratively review, refine and develop donor benefits and recognition programs
- Collaborate with staff to develop messaging, collateral material and events that support donor relations initiatives
Marketing and PR tasks:
- Communicating with the public: online, via the media, through direct mail etc.
- Liaising with copywriter, printer etc to produce fundraising promotional material
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comfort working independently and within teams –in this position employee should be a solution oriented self-starter
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills –in this position employee will be constantly interacting with people, persuading them of the value of our organization, writing proposals and inspiring people to commit to Elders in Action’s mission
- A strong strategic thinker able to coordinate multiple projects, with attention to detail and the ability to balance competing priorities with grace and good humor
- Research skills and attention to detail in sourcing information and statistics and researching trends
- Creativity –idea generation
- Demonstrated success in fundraising
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people in diverse situations and of varied backgrounds
- Knowledge of the current trends, issues and challenges facing baby boomers and the 65 plus age group
- Experience with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and social media sites
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License required for travel in the Metro area.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit the following items listed below (PDF format preferred) to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Manager.”
Application Deadline: September 9, 2016.
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references
Elders in Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from various ages, bilingual and bicultural backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.