Want to make a difference in advocating for older adults in the Portland area?
There are many ways you can get involved, and here are our TOP THREE:
- Attend a Hearing: Contact JoAnn at email@example.com and let her know if you are willing to attend a hearing or Lobby Day in Salem. Don’t drive? That’s OK – we can help coordinate carpooling! And for those that do drive but would rather not testify – let us know. We can use your help with those carpools!
- Write a Letter: Draft a letter of your own and send it to JoAnn for submittal as testimony at an upcoming hearing. Here are the basic components to include in your letter:
- Your name and address
- The name of the bill you support (ex: HB 231 or SB 4564)
- How this bill and the issue it addresses impacts your life personally
- A request that legislators pass this bill (or the action you would like to request)
- Get Trained: Attend the upcoming Civics 101 session, Advocacy in Practice, on April 16th, from 1-3pm at the United Way Building (619 SW 11th Ave., Room #300). We will hone our skills in advocating for the issues that impact our lives!
Any questions, feel free to contact JoAnn Herrigel at (503) 595-7530 or firstname.lastname@example.org