How Can You Better Serve Older Adults?
For over 10 years, hundreds of businesses from throughout the Portland metro area have been certified by Elders in Action as being “age-friendly” including: New Seasons Markets, Fred Meyer, Les Schwab, Portland Nursery, Oregon Public Broadcasting and many more. Our work with public agencies such as Multnomah County Libraries, the City of Portland, and the Portland Art Museum has brought the impact of age-friendly practices to countless older adults throughout our region.
In becoming “age-friendly certified”, your team will work with our staff and volunteers to ensure that your spaces, materials, websites and customer/client services are accessible, easily navigated, and useful for people of all ages.
Age-friendly Business Network
As an Age-friendly certified business, your agency will automatically become a member of our Age-friendly Business Network. Membership in this network includes:
- A listing in our online Age-friendly Business Directory.
- Free access to our Age-Friendly Business Toolkit (print or electronic).
- Our Age-Friendly Certified sticker & logo for use in your storefront, website or materials.
- Invitations to educational and networking events.
- Quarterly online newsletter with updates on best practices, the economic impact of older adults and other work happening in the community.
- Your best practices featured in our monthly newsletter, reaching over 4,000 people.
NEW businesses & organizations
If you are NEW to the Age-friendly Business Program, you can sign up for our certification process online and will become a part of the Network. Welcome!
- We will set up evaluations of your space, website, and materials with our enthusiastic volunteers.
- Feedback will be compiled into a report for use by your team.
- You will remain certified for 10 years, or unless your business moves locations, or changes ownership/management.
RETURNING businesses & organizations
If you have been certified by Elders in Action as “Age-Friendly” within the past 10 years:
- You are still “certified”.
- To maintain a listing in our Age Friendly Directory and receive the benefits of Network Membership, an annual $250 fee will keep your membership up to date.
To begin or reactivate your membership in the Elders in Action Age-friendly Business Network, we invite you sign up online HERE or call: (503) 235-5474.