Welcome to Elders in Action’s
Businesses are an integral part of our communities. They play a critical role in employing and serving our community members, and shaping the spaces in which we live. This Network is a growing cadre of businesses and organizations in the Portland metro area committed to serving and engaging people of all ages at the highest level to build a truly Age Friendly community.
Age Friendly Committed Business
Hundreds of businesses throughout the Portland area have been involved in our program over the past 20 years. See a list of them here!
Recently revamped, we have moved our program from a certification-based program to a membership based Network. This network of businesses demonstrates its commitment to age-friendly business practices that include:
- Accessibility within business interiors and exteriors, and the embrace of practices such as Universal Design
- Excellent customer service regardless of one’s age (awareness of Ageism)
- Good signage and print materials (including websites)
- Good lighting
- Customer outreach that is inclusive of a growing population of older adults
- Age-Friendly Employment practices (seeing the value of older adult employees, and fostering a work culture that values an intergenerational workforce)
Elders in Action provides evaluations, training, online resources and networking events for your business – and we work with partners throughout the community to showcase the innovate work you do.
We would be thrilled to count you among a growing movement of socially conscious businesses and organizations recognizing the value of people of all ages.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer in the Age Friendly work of Elder’s in Action, let us know! Together we can build a community where quality of life never depends on age.