What’s An Age Friendly Business?
Being an Age Friendly business or organization means you are committed to creating a welcoming environment and providing great service for people of all ages. Age Friendly employers recognize the needs and benefits of retaining an older, age-diversified workforce. They recognize that our communities are aging – that today’s 60 year-old is not the 60 year-old of even 15 years ago.
Age Friendly Business Network
Hundreds of businesses, public agencies and organizations have participated in our Age-friendly certification program in recent years throughout the Portland metropolitan area.
Elders in Action’s Age Friendly Business Network links the private and public sectors around issues most important to older adults, and connects you with agencies and businesses working toward a more Age Friendly Portland region. Through our extensive outreach models, we also tell the stories of businesses making change through their work, their attitudes, and their new directions.
The Age-friendly Business Network:
- Provides in-depth resources for age-friendly businesses and organizations.
- Connects you with a network of businesses in the Portland metro area to share best practices.
- Provides optional onsite and personalized age-friendly evaluations.
- Leverages your commitment to older adults by showcasing your work to the broader community.
- “Age-friendly Business” cling-decal for your storefront or vehicle, and a logo for your website/printed materials.
- Inclusion in our online Age-friendly Business Network membership list.
- Age-friendly Business Toolkit (educational materials, self-evaluations, online tools, and more).
- Invitations to our Age Friendly Speaker Series to hear from the experts in the fields of design, the “longevity economy”, and more!
- Networking events
- Recognition for best-practices on our website, through our partners, and events.
Membership Fee Structure:
(membership renewed annually)
Non-Profit/Organization* (0-25 Employees): $150
Non-Profit/Organization* (>25 Employees) : $200
Business (0-5 Employees): $150
Business (5-15 Employees): $225
Business (16-50 Employees): $275
Business (>50 Employees): $375
Age Friendly Evaluations
- $175 per on-site location
- $100 website evaluation
- *Non-Profit or other non-business organization fees include evaluation at no extra cost.
Questions? Want more information? Contact:
Shanna Pittman-Frank, Age Friendly Program Manager — firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.595.7590