Age-Friendly businesses or organizations are committed to creating welcoming environment, inter-generational workplaces and providing great service for people of all ages.
Businesses and people are intertwined.
- Businesses provide connection to community for people, young and old.
- As people age today, they are remaining in the workforce much longer, providing skilled workers in all sectors of employment.
- The business community has an enormous opportunity to capture BOTH financial benefit of an older population (where a majority of disposable income resides) and community benefit of serving people of all ages well.
Over 500 businesses and agencies throughout the Portland metro area have been certified by Elders in Action since 1997. Our programs continue to draw innovative thinkers and business leaders such as New Seasons Community Market, Fred Meyer, Portland Nursery, Les Schwab and the Portland Art Museum.
Our Current Services
- Consulting: We offer qualitative consulting, focus groups, and other services on a contract basis to businesses, non-profits, and public agencies.
- Age-Friendly Business Toolkit: an innovative resources that includes self-evaluations, reports, articles and other resources to assist your business in best serving older adults. Click here to purchase!
For questions about our consulting services and business toolkit or the AGE-FRIENDLY BUSINESS AWARDS, contact Shanna Pittman-Frank at email@example.com or (503) 595-7590.