Portland is known as a great place to be an older adult. We have great transit, progressive city planning, and are well-known for being community-minded.
Join research experts and business leaders to discuss how current demographic shifts mean big things for our local economy – and your business!
Claudia Knotek of New Seasons and
Alan DeLaTorre of Portland State University’s Institute on Aging
will discuss why being “age-friendly” is good business.
Complimentary beer and snacks provided.
Hour-long presentation begins at 6pm.
RSVP HERE or to email@example.com
Get Engaged – Express Yourself – Explore New Things
Throughout the month, Elders in Action and our partners will be conducting activities and sharing information in celebration of Older Americans Month. Check this blog to discover how Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties are helping older adults to Age Out Loud.
- May 2- Age, Work, Retirement, Meaning with Dr. Ruth Finklestein at 7:30-9:00am at Market Center Building – 1400 SW 4th Ave. – Mt. Rainier Rm #501
- May 5 – Cinco de Mayo event at Gresham (8th Street)
- May 6 – Effective Healthcare Advocacy: Tools to Skillfully Navigate Healthcare Systems by local writer Marcy Houle co-author of The Gift of Caring at Valley Catholic Elementary from 1:00-3:00pm. RSVP to 503-746-5082
- May 7 – Hollywood Senior Center is co-hosting Elliott Cherry’s One Man Show – A Finished Heart–Conversations between a Dying Man and His Husband http://afinishedheart.com/schedule.html
- May 13 – IRCO Asian Family Center’s gala, “Bridging Communities”! 6:00 PM Crowne Plaza Hotel | 1441 NE 2nd Ave
- May 17 – O4AD Lobby Day – 8am-2pm – Oregon State Capitol
- May 18 – Multnomah County Older American’s Month Resolution
- May 20 – pancake breakfast at Urban League Multicultural Center
- May 20 RAWR! 87th Birthday Party for Friendly House Sat 7 PM · Friendly House · Portland, OR
- May 23 – Comedy Hour – at Urban League Multicultural Center
- May 24 – Power of One – Impact NW Volunteer lunch – (Sentinel Hotel 12 to 1) contact Luiz Burns firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-294-7457
- May 24 – Age-Friendly: Good for Business 5:30-8:00pm Lagunitas Community Room
237 Northeast Broadway Street #Suite 300 Portland, OR 97232 For more details and to sign up clikc here http://bit.ly/2pZsK01
- May 26 – Fashion Show at Urban League Multicultural Center
- May 27 – Senior Day at Hillsboro Farmers Market 232 NE Lincoln Ave., Suite K
Hillsboro, OR 97124 8:00am-1:30pm
- May 30 – Aging Out Loud In celebration of Older Americans Month at the Beaverton Library an afternoon of storytelling hosted by Master Storyteller Paul Iarrobino and featuring three older adults sharing their accounts of resilience and aging. May 30, 2017 from 1:30 – 3 p.m.Beaverton City Library Meeting Room A 12375 SW 5th St. Beaverton, OR 97005. Free admission and refreshments! Canned food donations accepted. RSVP by calling 503-846-3056.
These residents may be exempt for the Arts Tax:
Then call Elders in Action
clicking here. One of our staff or volunteers will help you determine your status. Do not ignore this tax because penalties can be significant!