10301 NE Glisan St
Portland, OR 97220
Get Ready for the 2018 State Legislative Session!
Legislative Advocacy 101 Panel and Community Forum with Commissioner Chloe Eudaly and Commissioner Amanda Fritz
When: Monday, October 30th, 2017 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Where: IRCO – Community Center
10301 NE Glisan St. Portland
Legislative Advocacy 101 Panel: 6:00 PM – 7:25 PM
This “Advocacy 101” event will provide community members with tips on how to be an effective advocate for your community or neighborhood during this upcoming 2018 state legislative session. A panel of elected officials and professional advocates will share their advice and answer questions about how the community can make an impact on public policy at the state level.
- Elizabeth Edwards, Interim Director, Office of Government Relations
- Representative Janelle Bynum (House District 51)
- Mary Moller, Executive Appointments Director, Office of Governor Brown
- Vivian Satterfield, Deputy Director, OPAL
- Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward (Senate District 17)
Information you will gain from the panel:
- How to work effectively with legislators and their staff
- Strategies for mobilizing your base of membership or coalitions to maximize advocacy impact
- Lobbying do’s and don’ts
Legislative Agenda Community Forum: 7:25 PM – 8:30 PM
Commissioner Chloe Eudaly and Commissioner Amanda Fritz invite you to participate in a Community Forum to give your input into the City’s state legislative agenda.
- What are the issues your community is facing? What issues would you like to see advanced by the legislature?
- Group exercise to identify community and neighborhood priorities.
For more information or to address accessibility needs:
ASL Interpretation will be provided at this event. The City of Portland will make reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities and people needing assistance
with language interpretation and translation. Please notify us by Monday, October 23rd if you need assistance.
PHONE: (503) 823-3093
TTY: (503) 823-6868
Oregon Relay Service at 711
The event is located on the #15 – Belmont/NW 23rd and #25 – Glisan/Rockwood bus lines and a few blocks from the MAX Blue line (NE 102nd and Burnside) www.trimet.org
Questions about specific legislative items? How to reach the Mayor and City Commissioners?
If you have questions about specific legislative issues please contact City Council offices using this link, which has contact information for City Council offices (see photos of Mayor and Commissioners on left side of page): http://www.portlandoregon.gov
Office of Neighborhood Involvement and Office of Government Relations