Volunteer Job Description : Reception & Office Assistance
- Serve as the welcoming and caring receptionist for clients and other visitors to the EIA office, greeting guests, causal visitors, and clients in need of service in a professional manner;
- Answer Elders in Action’s main phone line, voicemail and transfers calls;
- Address questions about the agency and agency programs;
- Share talents, experience and wisdom in assisting staff members with various projects;
- Assist with fundraising activities such as special mailings and events;
- Provide admin support for workshops and meetings such as preparing manuals and materials, organizing the meeting space and taking attendance;
- Complete and submit a monthly volunteer hour report;
- Maintain volunteer, client, staff and agency confidentiality;
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned based on the interests/talents of the individual.
Location of Volunteer Work: Elders in Action office ((1411 SW Morrison St Ste 290, Portland, OR 97205))
Time/Schedule Requirements: Monday to Friday, office hours, flexible schedule.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work with a diverse population
- Strong listening skills and empathy towards older adults
- Good organizational skills
- Computer savvy/comfortable with Microsoft Office applications and familiar with use/troubleshooting of typical office equipment.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work independently in an office environment
Training/Support Provided: Elders in Action staff provide initial training and monthly continuing education meetings and all coordination of assigning and information on clients.
- Develop knowledge of older adult resources and services in Portland Metro area;
- Volunteer in a professional setting;
- Public transportation passes
- Have one-on-one interactions with older adults that result in increased independence and confidence of clients.